About Me


Hi! My name is Alex and I am an up-and-coming UK travel and lifestyle blogger writing about my adventures and managing life with multiple chronic illnesses.


I initially started my blog after watching videos of Claire Wineland’s speeches. She inspired me and reminded me that my life was more than my disabilities.

I have been ill my entire life, and my health will continue to decline. Among other things, I have fibromyalgia, gastroparesis, myalgic encephalomyelitis, depression, and anxiety. These limit my everyday life and I am still learning how to cope with them and still achieve my goals.

My first blog at https://persistingpain.blogspot.com is where I write about learning to manage my illnesses and about how I try and live as normal a life as possible despite my disabilities.

I also started a blog at https://alexalfresco.blogspot.com where I document my travel experiences. I have always loved travel and would like to share my passion with others.

I have one final blog at https://projectforbeauty.blogspot.com which is where I write about the charity that I set up in 2017, Maggie’s Beautiful People Project. I was only 18 and battling with my health, but I want to help others and make the world a better, kinder place and I hope that my blog will help me spread this and inspire others.

I am hoping to start doing reviews on my channels. I would like to review for travel (AlexAlfresco), business products (ProjectForBeauty), and things that can aid with disabilities (PersistingPain). If you would like to contact me with a business enquiry then please feel free to email me at acompton.blogger@gmail.com and I will respond as soon as possible. I would love to collaborate and work with more businesses.

If you would like to check out any of my social media channels then these can be found at:

Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think of my posts; I really appreciate the feedback. I hope that you enjoy my work and if you would like to subscribe to my mailing list to be kept updated then please go to https://persistingpain.blogspot.com/2019/01/window.html and sign up!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Chronic Illness Survival Kit

What 'Five Feet Apart' Means to Me as a Chronically Ill Teen