Slimming World: Weeks 5-14


Although I have been following the Slimming World diet for 18 weeks now, I have unfortunately not managed to post an update since the first month due to a series of personal issues (and some holidays, of course – it is summer). During this time, I have stuck to the diet on and off, with some weeks going better than others. I have faced a number of issues during this time – some diet related, some not – which unfortunately means that I am currently slightly heavier than when I first started in May.

When I first started the diet, it took my body time to adjust. As I mentioned in my previous blog post, Metamorphosis, I have always had weight issues due to a medical condition called gastroparesis. My gastroparesis also means that my body cannot handle certain foods, most of which are what is recommended for most diets. However, after a few weeks my body began to lose weight very gradually. This was interrupted by my multiple travels (check my travel blog, Alex Alfresco) and so here we are.

I am now back on track and ready to stick to this diet, and I even have some new motivation as I am now engaged! I want to be as fit and healthy as my body allows in time for my wedding, and so now I have to work harder than ever to achieve this. I have found some great recipes which I will share with you all, and which you can also find on my baking blog The Ineffable Bakery.

Even on my bad weeks, I continued to go to class and listen to the stories and advice that others had to share. One of the best parts of slimming world is having the support of not only your consultant, but everyone in your group. And, of course, there is the added motivation of getting achievement stickers to display on your book.

Comments

Popular Posts

Chronic Illness Survival Kit

What 'Five Feet Apart' Means to Me as a Chronically Ill Teen